Thursday, December 19, 2013

Back home and moving forward

Hey everyone!

So I made it home in one piece, after a stressful and annoying flight clusterfuck. But cancelled flights aside, I am happy to be home and ready to get a move on with this whole career thing :)

So, my thoughts on the whole experience;

It was awesome! Even over all the techniques and artwork created while there, I am more excited for the new thoughts and general inspiration gained from being at the Imaginism house. I have returned with a new-found view on everything and an even stronger drive to improve beyond what we learned. I've only been home for about 2 days and already I am planning my next year of pieces to finish, jobs to apply to and workshops and cons to visit. Bobby, Kei and Thierry have really lit that spark under me to get moving and pursue the things I want.

As for the techniques taught by the badass Thierry LaFontaine, I can't thank him enough. He has a real way of breaking down complex things to simple to understand analogies that just makes everything click. And once those click you are just rockin and a rollin on. He was a great teacher and I hope to have the chance to hang out with him again in the future.

While there I got to meet some awesome people from around the world, and develop some great connections with people are certainly headed in a great direction! Maria, Priyesh, Sophie I wish you guys the best and I hope we can all keep in touch!

All in all I would say, if you are interested in learning a new way of thinking, and really giving your art a boost, I'd say this is worth your attention. The Imaginism crew really put forth a lot of effort to share their knowledge and give everyone a chance to chase after their dreams.

Thank you everyone at Imaginism for the incredible experience and life-long memories. It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and I hope you all have a safe and fun Christmas!

Cheers,
-Mars

2 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy, it was all in all a great experience and I thankful to have made a new art friend and look forward to keeping in touch and to see all the cool characters you create in the future.

    Best,
    Priyesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, it is fantastic you made this blog, so I can always remember the memories in my old age ;)

    ReplyDelete